Tucked onto a headland overlooking Loch Lomond 30 minutes from Glasgow International Airport, a fully restored circa 1773 Georgian mansion forms the heart of a 660-acre kingdom comprising an internationally ranked golf course designed by Tom Weiskopf and Jay Moorish, a European spa and fitness center, castle ruins, an ancient chapel, and an historic walled garden—itself a haven of tranquility—designed and implemented in 1797. This is Loch Lomond Golf Club, brought forth in 1994 under the ownership of The Lyle Anderson Company. Rossdhu House, built to replace the Colquhoun family’s 15th-century medieval castle (the remains of which are behind the house), now serves as clubhouse, providing 43 suites for onsite lodging, a reception area, library, drawing room, dining room, and bar for members. Refined wood paneled interiors, open fires, and comfortable antique furniture create a distinctive and familiar atmosphere perfect for conversation, relaxation, and celebration. Rossdhu (Gaelic for “black headland”) is a wooded peninsula flanked on three sides by the bonny banks of Loch Lomond. It was settled by the Clan Colquhoun sometime before 1220, when the earliest surviving charter names a Colquhoun chief.
Stories told about the house often include historic figures: for instance, the drawing room tables are originally from the 15th century castle, and legend has it that Mary Queen of Scots wrote a famous letter to Lord Bothwell, her third husband, while seated at one of them. Clan Colquhoun held sole stewardship of the land over the centuries until the 1980s, when Stirling Investments acquired it and began work on a 7,100-yard championship golf course. The Lyle Anderson Company took over in 1993, and the course opened in 1994. Today, the exclusive international club hosts members from over 32 countries who enjoy outdoor pursuits that include— aside from golf—hunting, fishing, and boating in one of Scotland’s most glorious waterfront settings.
+44 1436 655349